SunGrow 3 Cholla Wood Pieces for Shrimp - Natural, Thorn-Free 6” dried husk of Cholla cactus - Excellent Food Source, Protective Hideout - Organic Decoration by For dwarf shrimp, hermit crabs, pleco
Extreame Savings Item! Save 45% on the SunGrow 3 Cholla Wood Pieces for Shrimp - Natural, Thorn-Free 6” dried husk of Cholla cactus - Excellent Food Source, Protective Hideout - Organic Decoration by For dwarf shrimp, hermit crabs, pleco by SunGrow at Naj Blog. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. What should I do when I receive my cholla wood? In order to arrive in top notch condition, the SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces are shipped to you
What should I do when I receive my cholla wood?
In order to arrive in top notch condition, the SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces are shipped to you completely dry. To remove any potential contaminants picked up in transit, it is recommended that you rinse, boil and soak before placing them in your tank. For an underwater environment, simply soak them in water in a separate container for 24-48 hours until they become waterlogged and easily sink to the bottom of your tank. If you plan to introduce them to an established environment, soak them for a few extra hours in similarly conditioned water before adding in the environment.
In a dry habitat for hermit crabs, reptiles or birds, it is best to boil the cholla wood pieces and then bake them to fully dry them and rid the cholla cactus husk of any bacteria.
What types of pets enjoy the cholla wood pieces?
All natural, thorn-free and organically grown, the SunGrow Cholla Wood is safe for all types of pets. Aquatic pets such as dwarf shrimp, snails, pleco and species of fish enjoy swimming around and hiding in these hollow, holed pieces of wood. Pet owners with land pets like hermit crabs, chinchillas, hamsters, rabbits and all kinds of reptiles place the cholla wood in cages and tanks to encourage activity as these pets love to climb on and relax atop the beautiful pieces of wood. Parrots, cockatiels and other birds use the cholla wood as a healthy chew toy.
Will the cholla wood lower my tank's ph level or darken my water?
As a natural plant, the dried cholla cactus husk does lower the ph levels in your aquarium or tank, but not enough to affect your shrimp or aquatic pets. The 6" x 1" (15cm x 2.5cm) cholla wood pieces do release a small amount of tannins which could darken your water, but far less than traditional driftwood. By boiling, rinsing and soaking the wood before placing them in your tank, you greatly reduce the tannins and butting of your water.
Features & Highlights
- ✔ SAFE HIDING SPOT FOR BABY SHRIMP --- Fish, fry and particularly adventure loving shrimp benefit greatly from the addition of SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces to their tanks. They love to swim around or camp out in intriguing, perforated wood pieces. The cholla wood is hollowed out so that baby shrimp and other smaller species have a safe and secure hiding spot when they are molting or feeling vulnerable.
- ✔ LONG TERM NATURAL FOOD SOURCE --- A smart choice for any conscientious pet owner, the attractive and multi-functional SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces are more than just a decoration or climbing or chew toy. The healthy cholla wood is also a natural food source that lasts for years. Microorganisms and biofilm that grow on the wood provide shimps, fish, snails and other pets with additional nutrition. Eventually, the wood will break down and disintegrate on its own.
- ✔ HEALTHY, NUTRITIONAL CHEW TOY --- Aquatic and terrestrial pets alike enjoying chewing on the soft, nutritional cholla wood pieces from SunGrow. After they arrive and are properly quarantined, the cholla cactus husks are ready to be placed into an underwater habitat with pleco, glo fish and shrimp or in a dry terrarium or cage for guinea pigs, chinchillas or hamsters. The wood even works as a pecking toy for pet birds like parakeets and cockatiels.
- ✔ ORGANICALLY GROWN & DRIED, 100% SAFE --- As the dried husk of a naturally grown Cholla cactus, these organic woods are free from any trace of pesticides, chemicals or other potentially harmful substances. Keeping the safety of your pets in mind, the cholla wood is thorn-free, has no sharp edges and gets softer the longer it stays in your tank, cage or aquarium. Please note that "If you have fishes that could go inside the hole and stuck, you can put some pebbles or plants to seal the holes"
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL AQUARIUM DECORATION --- Since the 3 pieces of cholla wood from SunGrow are organically grown, each 6" x 1" (15cm x 2.5cm) piece has it's own knots and bends. The slightly different appearance makes them a unique and beautiful decoration for your aquarium, water decoration or shrimp tank. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too.
|Manufacturer:||Marimo Pet Store|
|Publisher:||Marimo Pet Store|
|Studio:||Marimo Pet Store|
|Package Weight:||0.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.5 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by SunGrow, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 71301, ean: 0740023312833,
Fluker's Orange Cube is formulated to be digested by all feeder insects. Packed with food, vitamins and water, it is all you need to feed your crickets!Formulated to be easily digested by all feeder insects. Food, vitamins and water in one diet!. ...
By Tetra Pond
mpn: 16489, ean: 0046798164890,
TetraPond Koi Growth& - Stick Food for Koi 5lbs 7L BoxA high protein diet containing essential amino acids that help younger fish grow.Ideal for late spring and early summer feeding, when water temperatures are 50°F and above.Premium high-protein fo...
By Zoo Med
mpn: ZM98, ean: 0780231536720,
Zoo Meds new Gourmet Aquatic Turtle Food adds a nice high protein treat to your turtles diet with the addition of dried shrimp and mealworms. We also add whole cranberries which are a natural food item of many North American species of aquatic turtle...
By Tetra Pond
mpn: 16357, ean: 0014891435278,
For 50 years, fishkeeping enthusiasts have looked to the Tetra name for products and solutions that add ease and beauty to their home. Whether you're an experienced hobbyist or just starting out, Tetra has everything you need–-from a large variety ...
By Tetra Pond
mpn: 16454, ean: 0046798164548,
Premium blend of three foods to enhance vitality. Pond sticks, koi vibrance & wheat germ sticks.Perfect for all sizes of Koi and Goldfish. Floating soft sticks are easy to digest. Clear water formula. Provides the proper balance of nutrients keeping ...
By Hikari Usa Inc.
mpn: 42055213288, ean: 0707005198762,
Algae Wafers were specifically developed for the hard to feed plecostomus and other algae eating bottom feeders. Hikari was the originator of this diet, now copied by many. Accept no substitutes, request the first and finest, Algae Wafers.Hikari trop...
By Fish Mate
mpn: 207, ean: 0723061221206,
This versatile feeder may be mounted on the aquarium hood or on the glass edge of the aquarium with the brackets provided. The Fish Mate F14 is suitable for feeding most popular types of tropical and cold water fish foods. With fourteen individual me...
By Predator Foods
Mealworms are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals which makes them a perfect part of the reptile diet, as well as being an important food source for many species of birds. As long as they're kept refrigerated, they will last for a number of ...
mpn: 77251, ean: 0046798772514,
Nutritionally balanced TetraColor with additional color enhancement for MAXIMUM beauty.. Will not crimp or collapse. The aroma and flavor of real shrimp are a natural attractant for aquarium fish. ...
By Tetra Pond
mpn: 16486, ean: 0046798164869,
Koi Vibrance Sticks are a premium staple diet for these prized fish and contain natural color enhancers to help koi achieve full coloration. A highly nutritional diet that provides the basics and brings out vibrant reds and yellows on koi and ornamen...