Strongid(R) C 2X Daily Feed Pelleted Wormer by Zoetis, formerly Pfizer A concentrated formula made of palatable alfalfa/molasses pellets that is safe for all ages of horses. Features: For the prevention of Strongylus vulgaris larval infestation in horses For control of the following parasites in horses: Large Strongyles (adults), Small Strongyles (adults and 4th stage larvae), Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Pinworms, and Ascarids. Item Specifications: Sizes: 10 lb. Bucket 50 lb. Bag Mixing and Feeding Directions: Strongid(R) C 2X is to be administered on a continuous basis either as a top-dress or mixed in the horse's daily grain ration at the rate of 1.2 mg pyrantel tartrate per lb. of body weight daily. To achieve this dose, administer 0.5 oz of Strongid(R) C 2X per 250 lb. of body weight (2 oz. per day for a 1,000 lb. horse). Strongid(R) C 2X should be administered for the entire period that the animal is at risk to internal parasites. Unprotected animals that have grazed may already have an established S. vulgaris larval infestation. Before administering Strongid(R) C 2X , these animals should be treated with a therapeutic dose of a larvicidal product. Foals may be administered Strongid(R) C 2X as soon as consistent intake of grain mix is occurring. This is generally between 2 - 3 months of age. Strongid(R) C 2X may be used in mares at any stage of pregnancy or lactation. Stallion fertility is not affected by the use of Strongid(R) C 2X. Active Drug Ingredients: Pyrantel Tartrate - 2.11% Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein, not less than - 11.5% Crude Fat, not less than - 1.5% Crude Fiber, not more than - 22.0% Ingredients: Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Cane Molasses, Mineral Oil, Preserved with Propionic Acid. Medicated Grain Mix Directions: See table on container. Caution: Consult your veterinarian before using in severely debilitated animals and for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. Do n
Features & Highlights
- STRONGID C/2X helps prevent parasite build up on a daily basis which may lead to better nutrition health appearance and performance
- Continuous dosing of pyrantel tartrate in the gastrointestinal tract instead of a conventional program of deworming every 60 days that leaves horses open to reinfection
- Intended as daily preventive treatment ideally complemented by twice yearly purge deworming
- Suppresses buildup of parasite burden during intervals between periodic deworming while allowing low levels of infection that maintains natural host immunity
- Reduces pasture buildup of parasite eggs limiting exposure to parasite larvae
|Manufacturer:||K & K VET|
|Part Number:||7 866|
|Publisher:||K & K VET|
|Studio:||K & K VET|
|Item Weight:||52.5 pounds|
|Package Weight:||52.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||19 x 8 x 8 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Strongid, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.