Fluval FX5 External Canister Filter
Fluval FX5 External Canister Filter by Fluval at Naj Blog. MPN: A218. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Fluval FX5 Canister Filter offers unparallel filtration power, maximum versatility and incredible control in fine-tuning water
It’s massive capacity and powerful integrated motor processes and re-circulates 563 gallons of water every hour enabling you to precisely manage water conditions for aquariums as large 400 gallons. It will hold up to 1.5 gallons of media, yet it is compact enough to fit under almost any aquarium cabinet.
With Fluval’s unique Smart Pump technology, this self-priming system offers plug-in-and-start convenience. Upon start-up the canister fills with water, pauses to evacuate air, immediately begins the filtering process and continues filtering until it is unplugged. Once every 24 hours, the filter will pause again to evacuate any air that has become trapped in the system to maintain the total vacuum necessary for maximum efficiency.
Fluval FX5 Details• High performance, canister filter for aquariums up to 400 gallons.
• Multi-directional Output Nozzle – Twin-output nozzle can be adjusted to create specific water flow to reach all corners of the aquarium.
• Self-Priming Instant Start System - Just add water and plug in. The FX5 has a “Smart-chip” in the motor, allowing it to be self-priming.
• Smart Pump Technology – Allows system to shut-down and purge any trapped air, every 24 hours. This procedure eliminates any accumulated air-pockets, within the canister, providing you with maximum performance.
• Aqua-Stop Valves – Unique “Click-fit” technology allows for fast set-up and leak-proof maintenance. The valves rotate 360 deg and are directed at 55 degree angles for easy positioning. The flow control allows you to regulate water flow, with no harm to the motor.
• Purge Valve – Allows for partial discharge of debris, without disconnecting or opening filter. It can also be used to drain the aquarium utilizing the filter pump. This is beneficial on large aquariums.
• Multi-Functional Rim Adapter – Innovative rim adapter easily secures hosing and fits most standard trims.
• Clog-free Strainer – Heavy-duty anti-clogging strainer prevents blockage, even in a planted aquarium. Maintains constant water flow, even when covered with solid waste.
• Electronic Circuit Board – Continuous monitoring of impellor speed and pump power ensures optimum output and efficient energy usage. Motor will turn itself off if impellor is impeded.
• Installation DVD
FLUVAL FX5 Media Options
• Fluval Carbon – Research-grade carbon removes colors, odors and toxins from water.
• BioMax – Porous ceramic rings that provide a huge surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize.
• Fluval Ammonia Remover – Effectively removes ammonia before it can harm fish.
• Fluval Polishing Pad – Screens out fine particulates
Filter SpecificationsAquarium Capacity: 400 gallons 1,500 liters
Pump Output: 925 gallons/hour
Mechanical Area (Foam): 325.5 in.2 2,100 cm2
Biological Volume: 1.5 gallons, 5.9 L
Filtration Volume: 5.28 gallons, 20 L
Filter Circulation*: 563 gallons/hour
Head Height (max.): 10.8ft
Wattages 120V/60Hz: 50W
*Note: Flow rates were measured with intake and output hoses of the same length and without media.
Product FeaturesAquaStop Valves
The FX5’s compact, super capacity tank processes and re-circulates 563 gallons of water every hour and accommodates the stack of media baskets with their capacity of up to 1.5 gallons of media. Yet this enormous-capacity tank is short enough (21 inches) to fit under most large aquariums.
Key FeaturesMulti-Directional Output Nozzle
Designed and engineered for reliable filtration of delicately balanced aquarium environments, Fluval’s FX5 Smart Pump technology employs an electronic circuit board to continually monitor the pump. Impeller speed and force are constantly measured to ensure powerful output and energy efficiency. Smart Pump technology is also critical in evacuating any air that may build up in the system. Once every 24 hours, the filter will pause and allow any trapped air to escape, thus maintaining maximum filtration efficiency.
With the FX5, there’s never any need for manual siphoning. Simply fill the canister with 2 gallons of water, plug the filter in, then the filter will complete the filling process from your aquarium. It pumps for 2 minutes, pauses for 2 minutes to evacuate air then restarts immediately.
The FX5 canister features a purge valve drain at its base. This makes it possible for you to empty the canister for maintenance before moving it.
Features & Highlights
- Advanced, multi-staged canister filtration system providing maximum versatility and premium performance for aquariums up to 400 gallons
- Self-starting; Fluval Smart Pump Technology provides a quiet and efficient operation
- Equipped with Click-Fit Connectors for quick set-up and leak proof maintenance
- AquaStop Valve offers an air- and water-tight seal permitting hosing to be disconnected without breaking the vacuum
- High capacity canister filters 925 gallons per hour; 3-year warranty
|Manufacturer:||Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp.|
|Publisher:||Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp.|
|Studio:||Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp.|
|Item Weight:||18 pounds|
|Item Size:||14 x 17 x 17 inches|
|Package Weight:||19.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||15.5 x 15.2 x 15.2 inches|