Biochemical Sponge Betta Filter for Aquarium - High efficiency filtration breaks down toxic waste - Clear water in ONE day by help of nitrifying bacteria - Slow current - Perfect for fry & small fish
Mega Sale! Save 27% on the Biochemical Sponge Betta Filter for Aquarium - High efficiency filtration breaks down toxic waste - Clear water in ONE day by help of nitrifying bacteria - Slow current - Perfect for fry & small fish by SunGrow at Naj Blog. MPN: 9902199. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. What Size tank can I use this cotton sponge filter for? This cotton biochemical sponge filter will effectively and efficiently clean up to 10.5
This cotton biochemical sponge filter will effectively and efficiently clean up to 10.5 gallon tank. If you own a larger tank you can purchase two or more of these sponge filters and place on different sides of the tank. You can easily hide these filters behind plants and other underwater décor.
Why should I use an air pump with this filter and not a water pump?
We recommend the air pump method as it is much easier for beginner aquarium keepers to set up. Simply attach some airline tubing and an air pump to the filter cylinder. The air pump is noiseless and won't disturb your fish. It can be used in a "hospital tank", breeding or rearing tank, or as a tank for fish who prefer a slower current flow such as Betta or Discus.
Can I use this sponge filter in conjunction with a HOB (Hang on back) filter?
Yes. Even if you already have another filter in your tank, you can use the sponge filter at the same time to achieve optimal filtration for your tropical fish tank. Your best results will be achieved by placing the sponge filter on one side and the hang-on power filter, or any other filter, on the opposite side. The air pump with the sponge filter will actually outperform many power filters and it provides superior vertical circulation.
Can I place the filter straight into my aquarium?
It is recommended to "seed" the sponge first. To seed the sponge at an accelerated rate, take the sponge media and move it around the gravel or substrate. This is where nitrifying bacteria is found in high numbers and will colonize on the pores, creating optimal health for your fish and plant life.
Recommendation: Replace the biochemical cotton every 6 months to ensure proper filtration, and colonization of nitrifying bacteria.
Features & Highlights
- NO NOISE AND ENERGY SAVING--- The SunGrow biochemical cotton filter is noiseless. Only requiring an air pump and airline tubing (sold separately) to work. These create numerous minute bubbles for increased oxygen flow.
- COTTON SPONGE ALLOWS FINE FILTRATION LEAVING THE WATER CRYSTAL CLEAR--- As the water passes through the pores, the sponge will trap debris from your tank, leaving the water crystal clear. It is very efficient and will break down toxic waste from the tank.
- IMPROVE WATER QUALITY WITH NITRIFYING BACTERIA--- The sponge filter's pores have a large surface area where aerobic bacteria can propagate. Cultivating the nitrifying bacteria, will give you superior biological filtration in your tank.
- SAFE FOR BETTA, FRY AND OTHER SMALL FISH--- Betta, fry and other small fish will NEVER get sucked up into the filter. The slow current from this filter is ideal when breeding and spawning discus, dwarf cichlids, guppies, and killifish.
- EASY TO WASH & REUSE---The sponge can be used multiple times. Instead of tap water, use water from the tank, to clean it, when doing water change. Tap water does not harm the filter, but the chlorinated tap water can kill the helpful nitrifying bacteria that have formed in the sponge media. Simply rinse and squeeze a few times over until you see the water run clear from the sponge. If you need to repeat this process, it means the filter is doing its job in catching debris and other toxic waste.
|Manufacturer:||LUFFY PETS COLLECTION|
|Publisher:||LUFFY PETS COLLECTION|
|Studio:||LUFFY PETS COLLECTION|
|Item Weight:||0.2 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.19 pounds|
|Package Size:||2.68 x 2.48 x 2.48 inches|