3 Golden Mystery Snails (Algae Eaters - young adult 1/2 to 2+ inch) by Aquatic Arts
3 Golden Mystery Snails (Algae Eaters - young adult 1/2 to 2+ inch) by Aquatic Arts by Aquatic Arts at Naj Blog. MPN: GMS3. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. These large and colorful snails are great for adding some color and decoration to your aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. They
These large and colorful snails are great for adding some color and decoration to your aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. They clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, they eat hair algae, and they keep your substrate clean and the correct color.
Mystery Snails are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. They are quite large as adults, growing 2"+ in size.
NOTE: If you search on the Internet for mystery snails, many results will state that these are the same species as Apple Snails. These are NOT Apple Snails, though they do resemble them in shape. Apple Snails are considered an invasive species and are illegal to own in the United States. Our Mystery Snails do not grow to the tremendous size that Apple Snails do (often as big as an apple).
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- PH level range: 7.6 to 8.4
- Temperature range: 68 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types snails (Nerite snails, Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: With mystery snails, it's a good idea to make sure the water line in your aquarium isn't too high, as these snails tend to climb up to the water line to breathe air. Other than algae and biofilm, they also eat fish or invertebrate pellets and blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.
Features & Highlights
- All Aquatic ArtsTM (formerly InvertObsessionTM) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
- One of the largest plant-safe freshwater snails, Mystery Snails are a popular and attractive addition to any aquarium.
- Can grow to over 2 inches - one of the largest freshwater snails in the aquarium hobby.
- Feeds on leftover food or almost any kind of fish food. Effective at algae control, and they also eat uneaten fish food.
- Mystery Snails move around much faster and are more active than other snails!